– DAY BY DAY ITINERARY –
Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport.
Pick up by base camp Tonight we overnight in a mid range hotel/lodge
Day 1: Tarangire National Park
Drive to Tarangire National Park famous for its Baobab trees and large herds of Elephants. Camp in inside the park BLD
Day 2: Lake Manyara National Park
Lake Manyara National Park lies between the escarpment of the Great Rift Valley and the Soda Lake from which the park gets it name. Famous for its tree climbing lions. • We spend a full day here.
Camp tonight is just outside the park in Mto Wa Mbu (Mosquito Creek). BLD
Day 3: Serengeti National Park
Serengeti National Park is our destination today, we shall pass through the Ngorongoro Conservation Area on our way to the entrance at Nabbi Gate, and make our way across the short grass plains to our campsite in the heart of the Serengeti not far from the Seronera river, and arrive in time to set up our tents and enjoy our evening meal to the sounds of the African night. BLD
Day 4: Serengeti National Park
Serengeti National Park – A full days game driving, in this the most famous of all animal sanctuary’s, However we too shall take a tip from the wildlife and take a break from the midday heat and return to our camp to take lunch and to relax. After lunch game driving until dusk, when we return to camp in the midst of the African wildlife.
• Option of a Serengeti Balloon Safaris BLD
Day 5: Serengeti National Park
Serengeti National Park at dawn we take full advantage of our last morning in Serengeti heading for Nabbi Gate once again we take the opportunity to look at some of the spectacular rock formations ca
lled “Kopjes” (Inselbergen). after which we continue to our campsite on the rim of Ngorongoro Crater (2,300m).It can sometime be a little chilly! BLD
Day 6: Ngorongoro Crater
Ngorongoro Crater, a world heritage, site • we spend the maximum of six hours allowed game driving in this the worlds largest caldera (collapsed volcano). • We camp tonight just outside the Conservation Area in Karatu village ( Kudu Camp ). BLD
Day 7: Embakai – Lake Natron hike
Early morning drive to Ngorongoro – start of Embakai – Lake Natron hike.• This is a hike of 3 days accompanied by a Masai (English speaking guide) and our cook supported only by donkeys to carry camp.• Passing through breathtaking scenery and smaller craters.• Drive to the start of the hike area the village of “Bulati” between Empakai crater & Lolmalasin mountains, here you will meet your guide. BLD
Day 8: Lake Natron
Hike down into the Empakai crater and then start your way down the Great Rift valley escarpment to camp just past the Massai village of Nayobi,• spectacular views of Lake Natron and Ol Doinyo Lengai spread out before you from this very special camp. BLD
Day 9: Lake Natron
Hike down into the valley at the base of the Swala escarpment where you will be met by our vehicle and
taken to the camp at the Engareso river at Lake Natron choice of cold shower or river which runs alongside the camp.
Visit to the hidden waterfalls camp. Massai village visit – rest and midnight climb the active volcano Ol Doinyo Lengai start at middnight BLD
• Descent around lunch.
• Drive to Arusha and overnight
• On our way back to Arusha we will have sample time to stop an buy some of the Makonde carving for which Tanzania is so famous.
• Also for those who wish a chance to stop at Mesarani Snake Park, to see the snakes that are normally difficult to see in the wild due to their natural shyness. BLD
• NB: STEEP CLIMB, ONE SHOULD BE REASONABLY FIT AND NOT WORRIED ABOUT HEIGHTS.
• Departure Day: B
• Transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport for those returning home.
• For those taking one of our Zanzibar or Mount Kilimanjaro / Mount Meru extensions, collection/transfer as described in tour description.
- AIRPORT TRANSFERS KIA -ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE / ALL PARK FEES / RANGER FEES / 4X4 TRANSPORT / ENGLISH SPEAKING DRIVER-GUIDE/ FULL BOARD = BREAKFAST+LUNCH+DINNER /BOTTLED WATER ON SAFARI/HOTEL ACCOMMODATION DAYS AS SHOWN ABOVE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY./ FLYING DOCTORS SERVICE
- ALL THINGS OF A PERSONAL NATURE I.E: ALCOHOL / TIPS-GRATUITIES / LAUNDRY,SOUVENIRS / AIRPORT TAX’ES/SLEEPING BAGS